Lady Magdalen Bulkeley’s Cup #3
24th June 2017
Lady Magdalen Bulkeley’s Cup
The cup was originally won by Major D.R. (Bobby) Peel of Tyne Hall, Bembridge in his 8 Metre Yacht “Carron 2” in 1939 and bears the insignia of the Royal Yacht Squadron on its underside.
The cup was presented to the Royal Yacht Squadron in 2015 by Jonathan Peel to be raced for annually by the 8 Metre Class consisting of a minimum of two races. The cup is to remain at the RYS and the winner’s names to be inscribed on a base that the cup will rest.
2015 – K26 Saskia owned by Murdoch McKillop from the Royal Northern & Clyde YC.
2016 – K36 Athena owned by Jonathan Cork from the Royal Yacht Squadron.
This years event will run over three weekends and consist of 10 races on a mixture of windward leeward and around the cans courses.